The User management page is where you:
- The amount of seats you can add depends on your Ortto plan.
- Only users with an Admin role can add and manage other users.
To create a new user, in your account Settings, navigate to User management > Users.
- Click New user to add a new user.
- Type the user’s Email address. You can type multiple email addresses to add multiple user with the same permissions.
- Select the Role you wish the user/s to have. See User roles and permissions for a description of the default roles and permissions.
- Select Enable agent access for this user to allow the user access to conversations in the Talk inbox.Giving a user agent access counts towards the number of agent seats in your account and may incur a fee (the first agent seat is free).If you have teams enabled for Talk, select one or more teams to add the user to.
- Click Send invite and Ortto will send an email to the new user/s.
On the Users page, use the filter option to view only users with selected roles.
The 2FA column indicates whether two-factor authentication is enabled for a user. Users who have been invited but not yet accepted will not have a 2FA value. An Enforced auth column will be displayed when you have Google, Okta or Microsoft single-sign-on enforced.
The user list at Settings > User management > Users identifies each user with a label reflecting their role.
The Owner is usually the person who created the account and is the person who can perform account validation (providing a phone number). There can only be one account owner and the owner is responsible for the account. The Owner role is an Admin-level role.
The Owner can transfer ownership to another user. To do so, click the … more icon next to a user to transfer ownership of the account. When ownership is transferred, the new Owner will be given an Admin role (if they did not already have that role, such as if the user previously had a Read only role).
The billing contact is the person who receives billing information and any bills requiring payment, but cannot make changes to the account plan or payment method.
There can only be 1 billing contact and the billing contact can have any role (not required to be Admin). The Owner or the billing contact (only if admin) can transfer billing to another user.
Click a user’s name or the … more icon next to a user to see the user’s profile and account activity.
Users with an Admin role can edit another user’s role/permissions. Admin can also revoke a user’s access. For a revoked user, admin can view the revoked user’s profile to reactivate their account or delete them permanently. You can easily change a user’s access to the Talk inbox on the Users page by selecting Access or No access.
NOTE: If you change a user’s role (such as changing a user from an Editor role to a Read-only role), the change will come into effect:
- in around 15 minute's time if the user is signed in, or
- when that user re-authenticates (signs out/in to Ortto).
User roles and permissions
The table below provides an overview of the default user roles and permissions.
To see the default roles and permissions in more detail, navigate to Settings > User management > Roles. Then, click a role’s name to see it’s permissions.
This page gives you an overview of the account users and their roles.
Users with an Admin role can create custom user roles (in addition to the default roles available).
NOTE: The ability to create custom roles is dependent on your Ortto plan.
When creating a custom user role, you can enable permissions for all of an Ortto feature, or select certain elements only. For example, you might create an "Analyst" role that has all Dashboard and Reports permissions, but can only view CDP and activities, and has no other permissions.
To create a custom role:
- Navigate to Settings > User management > Roles.
- Click New role.
- Type a Name and Description for the role, and choose a relevant icon.
- At Permissions, select the checkboxes for each Ortto feature to set the permissions.If you select all permissions for a feature, you can un-check specific items as required (except viewing features, which is enabled by default).
- Click Add role to finish.
When a custom role has been created, on the Roles page, use the … more icon next to the role to access Edit and Delete options.
For all roles, including system roles, you can click on the role name to see a list of permissions for the role.
To re-order custom roles, click the re-order icon and drag the role to the position you want.
The Members column in the roles list indicates which users are assigned a particular role. Hover over a member’s avatar or initial to see their full name. Click the avatar or initial to view the user’s profile.
NOTE: Invited users who have not yet accepted will not be shown on the Roles page.