About knowledge base
Ortto’s knowledge base feature enables you to create help content that customers can easily find answers and important information about your products and organization.
Creating a knowledge base helps support your customer-facing teams by enabling customers to self-serve answers before contacting your team, or when your team is offline. And, if the information contained in an article doesn't resolve the customer's issue, they can easily start a conversation with a support agent using the built-in feedback function to get answers.
The knowledge base also helps your support team quickly access the answers they need by searching your library of articles, and providing article links to customers.
You can add and organize articles into relevant categories, such as getting started guides, frequently asked questions, troubleshooting, and policies.
Adding articles to your knowledge base requires no coding or advanced technical skills, so its easy for different types of users (such as technical writers or support staff) to contribute to. You can import articles from existing applications including Intercom and Help Scout, and create new articles from scratch in Ortto.
Ortto provides a hosted site domain for your knowledge base, but you can use your own custom domain if required.
Getting started with knowledge base
To get started with knowledge base, click on Articles the left-hand navigation drawer to access the setup wizard. This will help you quickly configure your knowledge base and import any existing articles you have (such as from Intercom or Help Scout).
Once you’ve got your knowledge base set up, you can explore the settings and features in more detail in these key areas:
- You can configure your settings while the knowledge base is turned OFF so you can then go and create your articles. Then, return to settings to turn the knowledge base ON when your articles are ready to go live.
- Articles. This is where you create and manage articles and categories. Here you can:
- turn articles ON/OFF,
- edit articles and categories,
- manage translations,
- see an article’s version history,
- view an article’s details and report,
- and more.
- Category manager. Access the category manager from the Articles page to organize your help content into categories and sub-categories.
- Translations. Let your customers find answers in their preferred language by translating articles and categories into supported languages.