Working with audiences
Ortto’s audiences is a feature that helps represent key customer lifecycle stages such as:
- Slipping Customers
- VIP Customers
- Single Order Customers.
Any people who match the audience filter will be automatically added to the audience. People are automatically Subscribers to the Audience.
You should only create an audience when you intend to:
- grow or contract the audience e.g. Customers (grow), Slipping Customers (contract);
- use the audience as a subscription preference;
- want to track a specific group of people over time; and
- intend to use the same audience in campaigns over and over.
Sometimes it makes more sense to use a filter on either People or Organization in your customer data platform (CDP) as opposed to creating an audience. Use filters when you:
- want to send a once-off email campaign to a specific segment of customers;
- have complex entry requirements for a Playbook; or
- want to quickly segment a group of customers and return a result.
Access the audiences page
To access Ortto’s Audiences page:
- Ensure you are signed in to Ortto.
- On this page, you can manage all aspects of your audiences in Ortto, including the ability to:
- manage audiences, which includes:
Working with subscription preferences
Learn about audience subscription preferences and how to manage these in your campaigns, and email and SMS preference centers under Working with subscription preferences.
Explore the default audiences added in Ortto when you connect a relevant data source under Default data source audiences.