Viewing and editing a person
A person’s view enables you to see a profile of all the data associated with that person (and their associated organization if configured) in your customer data platform (CDP), including details about the person’s recent activities, audiences they are currently members of, and campaigns they have been involved with.
The person’s view is divided into two sides:
- on the right are details about a person’s involvement with Ortto features, which include:
- Conversations, and
- on the left is the person details panel, which includes configurable or editable:
View a person
To view a single person:
- On the People page, click any of the linked field values of the person’s record you wish to view, and you are taken to the person’s view.
- Click X to exit the person’s view.
The Activities feed shows you all the activities associated with the person.
You can filter the activities you see by clicking Filter activity and selecting and clearing the filter criteria.
NOTE: Any changes you make to the filters will be reflected in all person views, so if you clear a filter for one person, the same filter will be cleared when you view another person.
The activity feed includes links to the features the person was included in, such as campaigns and audiences, so you can easily view those by following the relevant link.
The Audiences tables show the audiences the person is included in, and their subscription preferences.
In this feed, you have the option to unsubscribe the person from all email communications (by clicking the … more icon) and manage the audience preferences (by selecting or clearing checkboxes next to the relevant audience).
At Subscription status, you can see a person’s subscriptions by type (email, SMS and push). A person can have one of the following subscription statuses for each type:
- Subscribed — the person has opted-in to receive communications.
- Unsubscribed — the person has opted-out of communications or has been unsubscribed automatically by Ortto.
- No permission — for push notifications. The person has not received or responded to a push capture widget permission request.
For each subscription you have the option to unsubscribe the person from all communications (by clicking the edit icon) and manage the subscription preferences (by selecting or clearing checkboxes next to the relevant audience).
Preference center enabled audiences, also known as public audiences, are the audiences that the person is a member of and you have added to the email or SMS preference center. When viewing the preference center, people have the option to subscribe to (or unsubscribe from) these audiences.
NOTE: A person cannot subscribe to an audience for which they do not meet the entry criteria.
Learn more about preference centers and audiences in Working with subscription preferences.
The Conversations list contains links to the talk conversations that the person has participated in. This list includes both talk capture-initiated conversations that the person has replied to, and contact-initiated conversations that the person has begun from your web page chat widget.
The Campaigns list shows the key details of campaigns the person has been included in.
Under each campaign entry in the list, click Show activity to see more details about the campaign.
Edit a person
In the person details panel, you can edit some of a person’s data, and modify which data you see.
The Actions button gives you quick access to key actions for the person/organization, and to manage the layout of the person details panel.
- Unsubscribe from all email. You will need to confirm your selection to unsubscribe the person from all email, which will be actioned immediately.
- Opt-in to all SMS. You will need to confirm that you have permission from the person to subscribe them to all SMS communications, such as if they have opted-in previously.
- Archive. This soft deletes the person to the archive list. Once a person is archived, they can no longer be involved in campaigns, reports, dashboards, or audiences, as well as be associated with activities. Therefore, you will no longer see an archived person’s recent activities, current audiences, and campaign involvement on their person view page. If you archive a person, you can restore them to the people list by clicking Restore. Learn more about archiving a person in Managing people.
- Manage layout. Manage which sections are visible in the person details panel by selecting and clearing the relevant checkboxes. You can also:
- Click and drag section names to reorder the sections in the person details panel.
- Create a new section, which you can move existing person fields into, or create new custom fields.
- Delete any custom sections you make, but when doing so, you will need to move any fields within those deleted sections to another section.
NOTE: Any changes to your sections panel layout will be applied to all people records. For instance, if you move fields from About to Details for one person, the fields will display the same way when you view another person.
Edit the person’s field data
Some of the person’s field data can be edited, such as birthday, location, or name.
To edit this data:
- Hover over the field you wish to edit then click Add value or the edit icon.
- Type or select an option for the field’s value, then click the tick icon.
Some fields' data that is generated as a result of an activity, such as engagement, cannot be edited.
Edit the about, details and custom sections
The About section by default contains identifying information and key data about the person or organization, such as name, email address, and engagement score.
The Details section by default contains data about how the person/organization record was created in your CDP, such as the data source they were created or imported from, and initial UTM parameters.
Custom sections are created by you and can have existing and custom fields moved to them.
To edit a section:
- Click the edit icon to edit the fields you see.
- Select and clear the checkboxes to show and hide fields in the section.
- To create and reorder fields, learn more in Creating custom fields and sections.
- Move a field to a different section by clicking the arrows icon then choosing a section. Click New section to create a new section and move the field to it.
- Delete a custom field by clicking the trash icon. Confirm by typing
PERMANENTLY DELETEin uppercase.
The Organization section will only appear in the person details panel if the organization feature is enabled in your Ortto account.
The Organization section by default contains data about the organization linked to the person. The section can be edited to show and hide different types of data. Learn more about editing a section under About, Details and custom sections.
To link the person to an organization:
- Click Link an organization and choose from the list of organizations.
- Click the tick icon to confirm your choice.
- Once an organization has been linked you can click on the organization name to see the organization’s view.
To change the organization linked to the person:
- Click the link icon.
- Choose a different organization from the list.
- Click the tick icon to confirm your choice.
To unlink an organization, click the X icon next to the organization name.
You can add a tag to the person/organization from your existing list of tags by clicking Add tag.
Remove a tag by clicking X icon next to the relevant tag.