Viewing and editing an organization
A organization’s view enables you to see a profile of all the data associated with that organization and its linked people in your customer data platform (CDP), including details about recent activities, audiences the organization/people are members of, and campaigns the organization/people have been involved with.
The organization’s view is divided into two sides:
- on the right are details about the organization/people’s involvement with Ortto features, which include:
- on the left is the organization details panel, which includes configurable or editable:
View an organization
To view a single organization:
- On the Organization page, click any of the linked field values of the organization’s record you wish to view, and you are taken to the organization’s view.
- Click X to exit the organization’s view.
The Activities feed shows you all the activities associated with the people linked to the organization.
You can filter the activities you see by clicking Filter activity and selecting and clearing the filter criteria.
NOTE: Any changes you make to the filters will be reflected in all organization views, so if you clear a filter for one organization, the same filter will be cleared when you view another organization.
The activities feed includes links to the features the organization’s people were included in, such as audiences, so you can easily view those by clicking the relevant link.
The People list shows the people linked to the organization.
You can click on a person, which will take you to that person’s view.
In this list, you can see the Last seen field against each person, which shows how many days since the person’s last interaction (such as reacting to an email campaign).
You can also add a single person to be linked to the organization.
- Adding a person will create a new person record in your CDP.
- You can link a maximum of 3,000 people to an organization.
- If you need to link more than 3,000 people to an organization (or other similar entity such as a school or department), you can create a new person custom field of a single select field type (whose individual values would be the names of your organizations, schools or departments) to work around this limitation.
- Click Add person.
- In the Add person form, complete the fields.
- Once you have completed the form, click OK.
- The new record you created will show at the top of the people list. By default, the list is ordered by most recent creation date. You can also view the new person record on the People page.
- At minimum, you are required to populate the Email address field and select the I have permission to email this person checkbox. While you are not required to populate the First name, Last name, and Phone number fields, it is recommended you do so to ensure you have a complete entry for the person you are adding.
- If you populate the email and SMS fields, you are required to select the permission acknowledgment checkboxes for email and SMS. Selecting these checkboxes means that you are importing a person who has previously opted in to receive email and/or SMS communications from you.
The Audiences table shows which audiences the people linked to the organization are included in.
You can click on the audience name to see the audience view, which includes details, members, demographics, campaigns, and activities.
The Campaigns list shows the key details of campaigns the people linked to the organization have been included in.
You can click on a campaign name to see the campaign view, which includes details, design, audience, report, and activity.
Edit an organization
In the organization details panel, you can edit some of a organization’s data, and modify which data you see.
The Actions button gives you quick access to key actions for the organization, and to manage the layout of the organization details panel.
- Archive. This soft deletes the organization to the archive list. Once an organization is archived, it can no longer be involved in campaigns or audiences, or be associated with activities. If you archive an organization, you can restore it by clicking Restore. Learn more about archiving an organization in Managing organizations.
- Manage layout. Manage which sections are visible in the organization details panel by selecting and clearing the relevant checkboxes. You can also:
- Click and drag section names to reorder the sections in the organization details panel.
- Create a new section, which you can move existing organization fields into, or create new custom fields.
- Delete any custom sections you make, but when doing so, you will need to move any fields within those deleted sections to another section.
NOTE: Any changes to your sections panel layout will be applied to all organization records. For instance, if you move fields from About to Details for one organization, the fields will display the same way when you view another organization.
Edit the organization’s field data
Some of the organization’s field data can be edited, such as industry, website, or city.
To edit this data:
- Hover over the field you wish to edit then click Add value or the edit icon.
- Type or select an option for the field’s value, then click the tick icon.
Some fields' data that is generated as a result of an activity, such as engagement, cannot be edited.
Edit the about, details and custom sections
The About section by default contains identifying information and key data about the organization, such as name and engagement score.
The Details section by default contains data about how the organization record was created in your CDP, such as when the organization was created and last seen.
Custom sections are created by you and can have existing and custom fields moved to them.
To edit a section:
- Click the edit icon to edit the fields you see.
- Select and clear the checkboxes to show and hide fields in the section.
- To create and reorder fields, learn more in Creating custom fields and sections.
- Move a field to a different section by clicking the arrows icon then choosing a section. Click New section to create a new section and move the field to it.
- Delete a custom field by clicking the trash icon. Confirm by typing
PERMANENTLY DELETEin uppercase.
See the GIF below which demonstrates these steps:
You can add a tag to the organization from your existing list of tags by clicking Add tag.
Remove a tag by clicking X icon next to the relevant tag.