Once you have added organizations to your customer data platform (CDP), you can view and edit an organization, tag and untag organizations, export organizations, as well as archive and delete organizations through the Organizations page.
Applying filters to your organizations list enables you to view and manage organizations and their associated people.
To create a filter, on the Organizations page, click Filter and choose criteria from any of the following categories:
Add multiple filters by clicking Add condition. Click Clear to clear all conditions and start again.
Once you have applied all the filters you need, you can use the filter matches to:
Tag and untag organizations
Tags are useful for filtering and grouping people and organizations within your CDP. For example, you can add and remove tags to help move your CDP records from one playbook to another, control which CDP records enter a playbook, group CDP records created or updated from different CSV file imports, and so on.
If you import organizations into your Ortto account from a CSV file, a tag consisting of the name of your CSV file, as well as the date and time of import is automatically applied to all the people linked to the organization (but is not applied to the organization record) imported from this CSV file.
Tagging and untagging organizations can be done in the same step.
- On the Organizations page:
- To tag a single organization or multiple organizations, select the checkboxes next to the organization you wish tag or untag. Alternatively, select a segment of organizations to modify by applying one or more filters.
- To tag all organization records, select the checkbox in the header row of the organizations list or filter matches.
- Click Tag.
- To add an existing tag, select the relevant tag from the list. Or,
- To create a tag
- Click New tag, type in a name for your tag, then click Done. You can create more than one new tag by repeating this step.
- The new tag/s will be added to the list of available tags.
- To modify the tags, select the checkbox next to one or more tags to select (add) or deselect (remove) the tag.
- Click Apply and you will receive a temporary message confirming your changes have been successfully applied.
NOTE: If you select all organizations to tag, either by selecting your entire organization list or all filter matches, you will get a warning when you modify the tags that doing so could affect audiences and campaigns. An example of this is if you have used tags to create a campaign audience. If you remove tags for some organizations, they may no longer appear in the audience and the people linked to those organizations may not receive any campaigns you send to that audience.
TIP: If the list of tags is extensive, you can filter this list by typing one or more consecutive letters into the Search box.
Exporting organizations enables you to download a CSV file containing your CDP data.
- To export all organization records, on the Organizations page, click More > Export. Alternatively, select the checkboxes next to the organizations you wish to export, or apply a filter, then click More > Export selected.
- Choose whether you want to export the visible data or all data, then click Export.
- You are returned to the Organizations page and see a temporary message confirming that your CSV file has been sent to the email address connected to your Ortto account. Head to your email inbox to download the CSV file.
Archiving an organization soft deletes it from your main organizations list.
When you archive an organization, it:
- can no longer be found via search, which only operates on organizations in your main organization list; you can only search for archived organizations within the Archived organizations list,
- can no longer be involved in campaigns or audiences, and
- will no longer be linked to any people.
To archive organizations:
- On the Organizations page, select the checkboxes next to the organizations you wish to archive. Alternatively, select a segment of organizations to archive by applying one or more filters, then select the checkbox in the header row of the organizations list.
- Click Archive > OK.
To view the archived organizations, on the Organizations page, click All > Archived.
Restore archived organizations
When you restore an organization, it will automatically be re-linked to any people it was linked to before it was archived (where the link was removed when the organization was archived).
- View the list of archived organizations by clicking All > Archived.
- To restore:
- a single organization or multiple organizations, select the checkbox next to the records you wish to restore, or
- all archived organizations, select the checkbox in the header row of the organizations list.
- Click Restore and the selected record/s will be returned to the main organizations list.
Deleting an organization:
- permanently removes that organization’s data from your CDP, and
- cannot be undone and you will be asked to confirm your choice in writing when you select delete.
To delete an organization you must first archive it.
- View the archived organizations by clicking All > Archived.
- To delete a single organization or multiple organizations, select the checkbox next to the individual organization records you wish to delete. Alternatively, to delete all archived organization, select the checkbox in the header row of the organizations list.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm you are sure by typing
PERMANENTLY DELETEin uppercase to continue, then click OK.
- The organization or organizations are permanently deleted and you will return to the archived organization records.