Viewing an email campaign
A email’s view enables you to see a all the data associated with an email campaign, including details about the design, audience, report metrics, and activity.
From the email’s view, you can also:
- manually resend the email (available only if Open rate optimization was not selected in the initial campaign setup),
- duplicate the email to use it as a template for another campaign, and
- archive the email.
- download a HTML file of the email content.
- send a test or share a preview link to an external user (for draft emails only).
The email’s view is divided into two sides:
Email details panel
The email details panel contains:
- Resend is only available if you did not select Open rate optimization in the initial email campaign setup. The resend feature appears 24 hours after the email has been sent, and is available for 30 days from the original send date.
- An email can only be resent once. Once the resend has been used, the Resend button will disappear.
- If you click Resend, you will be able to schedule the send. If you cancel a scheduled resend, you will still have the option to use the resend feature for as long as it is available.
- If a resend is scheduled because you selected Open rate optimization in the initial campaign setup, you can cancel the resend. If you cancel the resend, you can manually resend using the Resend button 24 hours after the initial send.
- Duplicate — this creates a copy of the email campaign, which can be used like a template.
- Once you archive a campaign you can Restore or Delete it.
- Send test—this allows you to send a copy of the email in it's current draft form to one or more recipients. This option is for emails with a DRAFT status only.
- Share link—this allows you to send a preview of the email in its current draft form to an external user; the preview can be viewed by anyone who has the link. This option is for emails with a DRAFT status only.The shareable link will be valid for 24 hours, then it will expire.You will need to turn link sharing ON to allow people to use it. However, once a link has been generated and shared, you can then turn link sharing OFF to prevent people using it, if needed (the link will become inactive/expire).
- Audience — this shows you the name of the audience with a link to that audience’s view, and the number of valid subscribers.
- Details — this shows the user who created the email, when it was sent and edited, and UTM tracking and reaction statuses.
- Open rate optimization — this section appears if you selected it during the email campaign setup, or you have already manually resent the email. This shows you when the campaign was resent, the alternate subject line, and the number of valid subscribers (people who didn’t open the first email, but did open the second email).
The design tab enables you to toggle between viewing the desktop and mobile designs of your email.
If you used Open rate optimization, you can choose between viewing the first send or resend (second) designs.
The audience table shows people associated with the campaign, based on their activity. You can filter the results by activity to see people associated with different activities.
If you used Open rate optimization, you can select whether to view activity for the first send or resend.
The report shows key metrics for your campaign performance. You can download the reports to a PDF file, which we send to the email address associated with your Ortto account.
If you used Open rate optimization, you can select whether to view data for the first send or resend.
The Activity feed shows you all the activities associated with the people in your campaign audience.
You can filter the activities you see by clicking Filter activity and selecting and clearing the filter criteria.
The activity feed includes links for each individual person (contact), so you can click their name to view their profile. Click Show details under a person’s name to see key campaign details associated with their activity.