Autopilot: Headsup Reports
What do the metrics mean?
Headsup reports are made up of the following metrics:
- Added: number of contacts that entered the action.
- Shown: number of contacts that were shown the message in its preview form:
- Opened: number of contacts that hovered on the message to expand it:
- Responded: number of contacts that took the action the message asked them to. This varies based on message type. For example, in the case of a "call to action" message type, a contact is counted as having responded when they click the button:
- Dismissed: number of contacts that clicked on the "X" in the top right:
Based on the above metrics, we calculate the following:
- Shown Rate: percentage of contacts added that were shown the message.
- Open Rate: percentage of contacts shown the message that opened it.
- Reponse Rate: percentage of contacts shown the message that responded to it.
How do I view the contacts on a specific metric?
You can either export them as a spreadsheet, or add them to a list by doing the following:
Which time zone do Headsup reports use?
Headsup reports use your computer's current time zone. This ensures data is always displayed in a way that is relative to you.