Adding people to your Ortto account’s customer data platform (CDP) allows you to populate the CDP with more people records.
You can add a single people using a form or multiple people by importing them from a spreadsheet (CSV) file or other data source.
Add a single person
- On the People page, click More > Add person.
- In the Add person form, populate the fields.
- Once you have completed the form, click OK. You will return to the People page and see a temporary message at the top of the screen confirming the new person has been added.
- The new entry you created will show at the top of the list of your people. By default, the list is ordered by most recent creation date.
- At minimum, you are required to populate the Email address field and select the I have permission to email this person checkbox. While you are not required to populate the First name, Last name, and Phone number fields, it is recommended you do so to ensure you have a complete entry for the person you are adding.
- If you populate the email and SMS fields, you are required to select the permission acknowledgment checkboxes for email and SMS. Selecting these checkboxes means that you are importing a person who has previously opted in to receive email and/or SMS communications from you.
Add multiple people via a data source
- On the People page, click More > Import.
- When the import is complete, you will see the CSV file listed on the Data sources page. Access the People page to see the new people entries you imported. By default, the data sources and people lists are ordered by most recent creation date.
NOTE: To configure a different data source integration, follow the instructions for each integration option under Configuring a new data source.